Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December "Happy"nings!

We are so very excited that we got the house we wanted. Now, the waiting time to move in is killing both Todd and I. If it was financially possible to move in yesterday, we would have! The end of January seems so far away! Our anxiousness to settle into our "family home" is taking over, as we look at the pictures we have of the house at least twice, if not five times a day. We sit there and plan out where furniture will go, what we need to buy to go in what room, what rooms will be empty for the time being until we can collect enough furniture, and most of all, what we will do in which rooms with Rhodes! Its funny how we already are planning out things like while I'm cooking dinner, Todd can take Rhodes outside with him to grill and sit at the patio table to have their "boy time". Its like we can foreshadow our lives in a few months with images of our baby boy that flash through our heads. I'm curious to see if everything we are dreaming up are actually going to go that exact way. Regardless, its going to be awesome!

At the time being,  I keep finding myself extremely tempted to buy anything and everything I see that says "Baby's 1st Christmas". I stop myself, because I know that next year will be the correct time to buy those items. Although, my inner fight is that technically this is his 1st Christmas since he is a breathing, moving, thinking human being.. It just doesn't seem fair that Rhodes' 1st Christmas can't be this year! Ha! I know I will feel 100% different next year though! At least Rhodes has his first ornament on our 1st family tree already, thanks to Mamy (grandma Amy, and I hope I spelt that correctly)!

We have no new baby updates, except that everything is going perfectly. Rhodes is doing so well, that we never get to have appointments, and we never get to see him because it is just not necessary. Its exciting to know that he already have such a perfectly healthy baby. I pray that his health continues to stay so strong throughout these next two (or less) months. Apparently his heart beat is as strong as a full term baby. We learned this from a nurse who was so excited about his healthy heart that she felt the need to show his charts to other nurses! :) Yes, we were/are extremely proud parents already!

*(picture: going on 32 weeks)


We also purchased our first vehicle together. A new, fully loaded GMC Acadia. My favorite part are the dual DVD players and TV screens in the back. Family vacations will now consist of Todd driving, me in the back watching one movie, while Rhodes watches another! Sorry Todd! We will be taking our first road trip in it in 2 days when we head to Kentucky for Christmas to see the family! Nonnie, my fathers mom, will be our first back seat passenger as we will pick her up on our way, in Tennesse. I told her to bring a movie, although I doubt she will ;)

Christmas is just a few days away! Everyone travel safe, enjoy their family time, gifts, and food. But most of all, remember the #1 reason we celebrate Christmas- the birth of our King, Jesus Christ! Happy Birthday Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment